Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Magic of Mason Jars


I might as well be queen of the plastic baggie. That would be sandwich, quart or gallon size, preferably with a zipper. Organizing is definitely not my strong suit. If I can fit something in a plastic bag, that's where it goes and that's where it stays. We just got back from visiting my in-laws in tiny Zapata, TX where Lilia collected  rocks and shells from nearby Falcon Lake. Where were they? Plastic bag. Last year she collected some interesting stones from Ft. Sheridan and Rosewood Beach on Lake Michigan. Where were they? Plastic bag. I was determined to relieve these pretty shells and stones from their bags and decided to purchase some Mason jars at the local craft store. Lilia picked out butterfly adorned sticky labels and went to work. Not only did she start two rock collection jars, she decided to get two different types of beads which were currently in...well, I'll let you guess that one. She and Franky did some transfers and voila! Environmentally friendly and quite pretty if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment