Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mission: Sticky Note


Today I wanted to do something simple. Hopefully an act that might put a smile on someone's face. I've been thinking about ways to do random acts of kindness and I recalled reading at some time about placing sticky notes with positive messages where they are least expected. This is the inspirational idea behind the website Operation Beautiful.  I wanted to test out my sticky note prowess by leaving two notes for Lilia on the bathroom mirror. When she discovered them after school she ran downstairs to give me a big hug. She was beaming. I told her about the idea behind Operation Beautiful and she was really excited to get in on it. We knew we would be headed to the local indoor ice rink/gymastics studio today so our mission: sticky note the girl's bathroom mirror. I wrote the notes before we left and kept them in my purse. When the time was right, we went into the bathroom and began to stick. Now, I consider myself to be a rule follower, so there was an underlying fear that the bathroom police were going to come get me. To complicate matters, there were two people in the stalls and we didn't want to be seen so we quickly stuck, photographed and ran out of there! Of course, Lilia peeked her head back in to see if anyone was reading them. She reported back that a woman was reading each note out loud and smiling. Mission Accomplished!

    

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It's kind of addictive. I'm carrying those sticky notes and a marker around just waiting for the next time I can pounce!

    ReplyDelete