Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Monday, April 29, 2013

Landmark Oriental Theatre: Michael Pollan

Tonight I'm going to see Michael Pollan at the Landmark Oriental Theatre in Milwaukee, WI. You might know Michael Pollan from movies such as Food, Inc.(you can watch the trailer here) or his novels including The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food. He's written a new book called Cooked, which describes apprenticing cooks to learn how they use air, water, fire and earth to cook everything from bread to beer. I'm excited not only to see Michael Pollan, but also intrigued by his new book (which I'll be receiving tonight at the show.) Updated story and photos to come later tonight!

Edit: It's been a long night and I've made the drive back from Milwaukee to Chicago. I not only have my signed copy of Cooked, but I had the pleasure of actually meeting Mr. Pollan himself. His discussion about how simply cooking at home can change our lives was as always, insightful and entertaining. Now I should be getting to sleep, but I think I might sneak in some reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment