Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Curry Hut With a Side of Bent Fork

I've been dying to try the Curry Hut ever since we moved into the area, but have never gotten around to it. I wasn't sure if the kids would like it and I kept putting it off. Today my mom came up to eat lunch with Lilia and I (Lilia's school had an institute day and Franky was in his toddler day program he attends twice a week) so I figured this would be the perfect time to try the lunch buffet at this local Indian/Nepalese restaurant. Also, this was the first time my mom or Lilia had ever tried Indian food. Firsts abound! We were first treated to baskets of fresh, warm naan bread. I liked that we were able to experience the buffet our first time here so we could try a little bit of everything. The samosas (potatoes, peas and spices in a crispy phyllo dough) and pakoras (veggie fritters) were excellent. I also thought the palak paneer and saffron rice was delicious. The gobi aloo (Indian style cauliflower and potatoes) had just the right amount of spice and was probably my favorite of all of the dishes. I will say that Lilia tried a bit of this and that, but mostly filled up on the naan bread. My mom, the Indian/Nepalese food newbie really enjoyed her food and we both went back for seconds. I probably could have had thirds, but decided to preserve my dignity...and save room for dessert. That brings me to our second new experience of the day and that was trying the bakery, Bent Fork, which is located across the street from the Curry Hut. We bought lots of goodies from this mid-century feeling locale including the tons of  toffee and double dipped peanut buttah cookie, brownies and Lilia's favorite, chocolate dipped Oreos. Yes, I would say we had quite the feast today and I am stuffed. Maybe trying new foods will have to happen few and far between. Maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment