Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Planting, it's Arbor Day!



Today, Franky and I found the perfect little tree to plant for Arbor Day. We wanted something that wouldn't grow to be too big (we don't have a lot of space) and something that needed only part sun. We decided to plant a Red Dragon Japanese Maple, which is slow growing and will have a mature height of about 6 feet. Fran did most of the digging, but the kids were happy to surround the tree with soil once we got it in. I took a couple of other pictures of the kids standing next the tree. I think it will have to be a yearly tradition to compare their height to our new, leafy addition. On another note, we got our first CSA box today from Fresh Picks. It was delivered in a cooler which you leave out the next time a delivery is made for return. I was home during the delivery so I just pulled the bag out and gave the deliveryman the cooler. Simple as that. Fresh Picks delivers whatever is in season so later this summer we'll get different items, such as tomatoes. Today we got spinach, beets, cauliflower, gold potatoes, red leaf lettuce, artichokes, scallions, cucumber and cilantro. I was very happy with the freshness and overall quality. Can't wait to see what we get next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment