Join my family on our insane adventure to try something new every day for the next year!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pancakes With a Side of Candy Bar

This morning I woke up earlier than usual, woke the kids and went out to breakfast. On a weekday. This might not seem unusual to some, but this is the first time I've ever accomplished this feat. I'm not exactly a morning person and for the most part, I sleep until the very last minute and then end up running around the house like a crazed maniac. Making breakfast, putting lunch together, finding socks for Franky that match. Why don't I do this at night? I'm totally going to do this tonight! (I will be repeating that phrase again tomorrow morning.) Honestly, we really don't go out to breakfast on the weekends either. It always seems like a hassle. Getting the kids ready, waiting to get a table and then waiting for food with a hungry 3 year old who has a penchant for pretending his utensils are weapons. Well, part of this year long experiment is to try new things. Especially things that are out of my comfort zone. Things that I think might go awry so I'm too afraid to do them. Honestly, even typing that out seems silly. And it is. We took the kids to Walker Brothers restaurant, which was new to them. They both had pancakes (Lilia had chocolate chip) with a side of bacon and they each got a mini candy bar on their plate. I had the most delicious potato pancakes I've ever eaten complete with both sour cream and apple sauce for dipping. The four of us sat, the grown ups drank coffee, the kids, orange juice. Lilia and I played tick-tack-toe and Franky, well, he pretended his utensils were swords.We weren't rushed and everyone got where they needed to be this morning, on time. Lilia saved her candy bar for lunch and I noticed her excitedly telling her teacher's aid about our breakfast excursion when I dropped her off this morning. A great start to the day, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment